TDL Sites Plugins
From TDL Wiki
Plugins are modular pieces of software that can add custom functionality to a Wordpress site. TDL makes a number of plugins immediately available to site owners that they can activate and configure to customize their sites. Additionally, TDL has installed and activated certain plugins network-wide (mostly security-related plugins).
Questions about plugins can be directed to the TDL Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need a plugin not already available in TDL Sites?
Thousands of plugins have been developed for WordPress and can be found in the WordPress plugin repository. If a TDL site administrator finds a plugin he or she would like to have installed, he/she can contact the TDLHelpdesk (email@example.com or 855-495-4317) to request it.
- To view and activate a plugin, go to the Plugins section on your site’s Dashboard.
- Click the "Activate" link (once activated, the link will toggle to "Deactivate.")
- Once activated, you may be required to configure the plugin settings.
Plugins available to TDL Sites owners
The following plugins are installed in any new TDL blog and can be activated by the blog owner.
AddToAny: Share/Bookmark/Email Buttons
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/add-to-any/
Help people share, bookmark, and email your posts & pages using any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, StumbleUpon, Digg and many more.
The WordPress plugin to help people share, bookmark, and email your posts and pages using any service, such as Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google, Digg, Delicious, and well over 100 more sharing and social bookmarking sites. New: Google +1 Button in addition to the Facebook Like Button and Twitter Tweet Button.
Akismet helps to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. It keeps your site protected from spam even while you sleep. To get started: 1) Click the "Activate" link to the left of this description, 2) Sign up for an Akismet API key, and 3) Go to your Akismet configuration page, and save your API key.
All-in-One Event Calendar
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar/
An event calendar system with month and agenda views, upcoming events widget, color-coded categories, recurrence, and import/export of .ics feeds.
This plugin has many features we hope will prove useful to users, including:
- Recurring events
- Filtering by event category or tag
- Easy sharing with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, MS Outlook and any other system that accepts iCalendar (.ics) feeds
- Embedded Google Maps
- Color-coded events based on category
- Event-registration ready
- Month and agenda views
- Upcoming Events widget
- Links to filtered calendar views
Features for Website and Blog Owners
- Import other calendars automatically to display in your calendar
- Categorize and tag imported calendar feeds automatically
- Events from The Events Calendar plugin can also be easily imported
All in One SEO Pack
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/
Automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization).
- Support for Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don't even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Backward-Compatibility with many other plugins, like Auto Meta, Ultimate Tag Warrior and others.
BuddyPress ScholarPress Courseware
More information: http://scholarpress.github.com/buddypress-courseware/handbook.html (handbook)
A Learning Management System for BuddyPress and WordPress.
Contact Form 7
More information: http://contactform7.com
A simple but flexible contact form plugin.
Contact Form 7 can manage multiple contact forms, plus you can customize the form and the mail contents flexibly with simple markup. The form supports Ajax-powered submitting, CAPTCHA, Akismet spam filtering and so on.
Google Analytics for WordPress
This plugin tracks your WordPress blog easily and with lots of metadata: views per author & category, automatic tracking of outbound clicks and pageviews.
Mingle Forum is a discussion forum plugin that lets users easily discuss topics online.
Video Tutorials for setup are available here: http://cartpauj.icomnow.com/projects/mingle-forum-plugin/tutorials/
No Self Pings
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/no-self-ping/
Keeps WordPress from sending pings to your own site.
Some people really like that WordPress sends pings from your own site to your own site when you write posts; it gives them a trail of related posts.
Some people do not like this behavior; it clutters up their comments.
This plugin disables intra-blog pinging.
More information: http://www.zzzprofits.com/plugin/recent-tweets/
Recent Tweets is a free WordPress plugin provided by ZZZ Profits. This super-simple plugin allows you to easily display the most recent Tweets from any Twitter account as a sidebar widget on your blog.
Why Use Recent Tweets?
- Easy, Bulletproof Functionality - Just enter your Twitter username and go. It’s that simple.
- Fast Customization - Changing the options, such as the number of Tweets to display, is a snap.
- Get More Followers - Promote your Twitter account with a “follow me” link under your most recent Tweets.
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordtwit/
WordTwit is a plugin that uses the Twitter API to automatically push a published post to your Twitter account as a tweet.
WordTwit keeps track of when you publish new posts, and automatically informs all followers by pushing out a Twitter tweet. All links are automatically converted to tiny URLs to save space. Most users see a substantial increase in blog traffic after tweeting their posts on a frequent basis.
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-importer/
This plugin imports posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.
Plugins Activated Network-wide
The plugins listed below are activated across all TDL blogs.
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/antivirus/
AntiVirus for WordPress is a smart and effective solution to protect your blog against exploits and spam injections. Malware protection for your blog.
Block Bad Queries
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/block-bad-queries/
Protect WordPress Against Malicious URL Requests.
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/exploit-scanner/
Scans WordPress sites for possible exploits.
TimThumb Vulnerability Scanner
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/timthumb-vulnerability-scanner/
Keeps instances of Timthumb up to date and free from vulnerabilities. Also checks for obvious signs of compromised sites.
WordPress Firewall 2
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-firewall-2/
This Wordpress plugin monitors web requests to identify and stop the most obvious attacks.
WP Security Scan
More information: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-security-scan/
Performs security scan of WordPress installation.